We are looking to hire an entry-level/trainee Field Applications Engineer to support customers online through the Renesas Engineering Community and private ticketed system on our popular MCU/MPU families.
- Support customers on popular MCU / MPU via Renesas Engineering Community and via ticketed system.
- Providing technical responses to customers who post questions online.
- Feedback common issues / requests into the MCU / MPU BUs as requirements for improvements / additions in documentation and/or Software / Tools / reference design deliverables.
- Debug/Guide customers issues in a timely manner: replicating issues and where appropriate coordinating response with Sales / Applications Teams WW.
- Work with the Factory Application Teams WW for next level (L2) escalations for specialist support.
- L2 escalation for specialist support in more challenging questions / niche skills / co-ordinating with partners specific to IP etc.
- Help managing/driving the online community.
- Commercially minded with ability to work both autonomously and as key team member.
- Embedded C and Linux
- C programming know-how and experience in developing SW in embedded platforms
- Any university / hobby projects with embedded C generic MPUs, MCUs , Arduino or Embedded Linux is a great advantage!
- Thoroughly experienced with typical IDE’s / toolchains (e.g. Eclipse based etc..) & debugging techniques.
- Hands on experienced in any processor architectures Arm Cortex (Cortex –M or -A preferred).
- Experience in RISC-V is a great advantage!
- Understanding of high-level embedded C and device drivers.
- Knowledge in Communication Protocols & Interface buses like I2C, UART and SPI / Clocking & Timers / memory utilization, etc.
- Understanding of Linux and Real-time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Azure etc.)
- Knowledge in Embedded Linux is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of embedded software development.
- Strong C skills, ideally from developing application firmware /demos etc.
- Strong communication skills and be able to work / communicate in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with multiple issues in parallel in a fast-moving environment. Will be working on many open issues in parallel.
- Confident in ability to help/communicate with customers modify/optimize/debug their projects.
- Integrative personality and Team player.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Must be interested / passionate about embedded systems and MPU / MCU related matters.
- Willing to travel
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Renesas’ mission, To Make Our Lives Easier, is underpinned by our company culture, TAGIE. TAGIE stands for Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative and Entrepreneurial. Our goal is to embed this unique culture in everything we do to succeed as a company and create trust with our diverse colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture where everyone is included and feels a sense of belonging. For more information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.