About Costamare Shipping: Costamare Shipping is one of the world’s leading owners and providers of containerships and bulk carriers for charter. Costamare is seeking for a candidate with positive attitude and strong organizational skills to be a part of the company’s software engineering team.
About the role: We are looking for a Junior/Mid Full Stack Developer (Java, SQL, JPA/Hibernate, Spring Boot) to assist our team in building enterprise-grade applications and web services that facilitate and support core business operations. You will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle by writing well designed, efficient code. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies.
Technology Stack: We build our software using Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA, MSSQL Server, Influx, Python and more.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming / Concepts
- Demonstrable Java Programming Language development skills. Experience with additional programming languages (e.g.: Python) is welcome
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Familiarity with microservices and REST APIs
- Experience with Spring Framework is a plus
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Vaadin, JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC) is a plus
- Experience with Non-Relational Databases is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Military obligations fulfilled for male candidates
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience including coverage under the company's collective health insurance plan
- Access to training material and courses on demand
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced people in software engineering & shipping business who are always eager to mentor
- Shipping is currently going through a digital transformation era. Become a part of that process by building specialized software using state of the art technologies and tools.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.