Please forward to your colleagues and students the following PhD opening:
PhD position on Algorithmic Aspects of Future Networks
There is an opening for a highly motivated PhD student at the TCS Group of the Department of Computer Science of U. of Geneva, Switzerland supervised by Prof. Jose Rolim.
The successful candidate will be conducting research in the areas of Future Internet architectures, Internet of Things, Wireless Sensor Networks and Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and should have a solid background in algorithms, network theory and distributed systems. Also, he/she should be characterized by a team-spirit and should be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work towards a doctoral degree by conducting original and novel scientific research. Also, he/she will contribute to the teaching activities of the group and will participate in scientific research projects. Our group offers a friendly, multi-national environment and the position will be covered by a highly competitive salary through-out the duration of studies.
· 5-year Engineering Diploma or M.Sc. in Computer Science or relevant fields
· Solid background in algorithms, network theory and distributed systems
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Demonstrated experience in programming
Additional Desired Skills:
· Experience/familiarity with Web Technologies and/or Android programming
· Experience/familiarity with Contiki OS and/or TinyOS
· Fluency in spoken and written French
For full consideration, a COMPLETE APPLICATION should be received by December 23, 2014 and should include the following documents:
- A cover letter describing your interests, scientific background and the reasons for undertaking a PhD
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (if any).
- Copy of University/Master’s degree(s),
- List of graduate courses taken along with grades?.
- Names and contact details of at least two referees
Your complete application should be sent by e-mail to: with subject: phd job 2014