LinkSCEEM HPC Roadshow 2014
Location and Dates
The two user meetings will take place in the following locations and dates:
- Biomedical Research Foundation of Academy of Athens, on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 (10:30 to 13:00, room E4, first floor)
- University of Patras, Patra, Greece on Thursday 8th of May 2014 (15:00 to 17:00, Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics)
User Meeting Details
The user meeting will:
- Provide a general introduction to LinkSCEEM and its resources.
- Give an overview of available HPC systems and software available within LinkSCEEM.
- Provide a general introduction to PRACE pan-European HPC infrastructure and the development of HPC services in Greece in the context of PRACE-GR national project.
- Describe the training program of LinkSCEEM and the various LinkSCEEM training events. Attendees will also be informed on upcoming events and available fellowships (funded by LinkSCEEM).
- Explain how people can access the HPC resources available through LinkSCEEM for the purpose of their scientific research projects.
- The user meeting will also include a hands-on session where participants of the user meeting will be guided through the various steps which are required to access and submit jobs to a LinkSCEEM HPC resource. This will include compilation and submission of jobs – all of which will be accompanied with relevant hands-on practical examples.
People wishing to attend any one of the user meetings should express their interest to Thekla Loizou (firstname.lastname@example.org) - clearly indicating the location they wish to attend the user meeting. Attendance to the meetings is given on a first come first serve basis.
Participants are expected to bring their own laptops - so they will be able to participate on the hands on exercises during the user meeting, and any other things (such as stationery) they themselves may need during the user meeting.
For more information about the LinkSCEEM HPC Roadshow meeting including the agenda of each meeting please visit the following webpage.