Post-doc positions – Deep Learning for Text/NLP
Data Science& Mining (DASCIM) group,
LIX, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris, France
Applications are invited for 2 Post-doc positions available in the period 2020-
The broad work area is “AI/Machine Learning for Graphs and Text”. More
specifically the topics are:
- deep learning for text streams – the case of # prediction in twitter.
- text generation algorithms for document understanding
The candidates must have at least two of the following skill sets:
- Sound mathematical background (Proba/Stat, Linear Algebra,)
- Experience in Text Retrieval & Mining (recommendation algorithms, text
categorization opinion/sentiment mining, text generation)
- Deep Learning skills (with recent architectures)
- Very good programming skills (including Python)
- a recent Ph.D. degree in the following areas: Computer Science/Engineering,
Applied Mathematics, Physics.
- analytical skills and creative thinking with a hard working attitude
- a sound publication record with visible impact
Funding: Competitive funding (salary, travel budget, budget for interns) for up to 36
months is available.
Interested graduate students should send by email to Prof. M. Vazirgiannis
- a cover letter including a brief presentation of their academic record, the motivation
and the skills of the candidate.
- a full CV with detailed grading information for the acquired degrees.