Analog vs Digital
Sampling and Quantization
Representation using binary signals
From logic sentence algebra to switching algebra and Boolean algebra
- What makes up an algebra
- Variables, operators and operator precedence in Boolean Algebra
- Boolean algebra axioms
- Boolean algebra theorems
Expression minimization by algebraic operations
- AND, OR and ΝΟΤ gates
- Logic diagram
- AND and OR gates with multiple inputs
- NAND, NOR, XOR and ΧΝΟR functions and the corresponding gates
Standard and non-standard representations of logic functions
- Terms, sums, products, SOP and POS forms, canonic terms, minterms and maxterms.
- The equivalence between a truth table and the sum of minterms or the product of maxterms
- Going from one of the canonic forms into the other and into the canonic forms of the complementary function
K-map minimization method
HDLs : The philosophy behind a parallel language and their use in simulating and synthesis of digital circuits
The Verilog HDL
- Structural description methods
- Equation description method
- Hierarchical description
- Behavioral description
- Testbench development and the use of the simulator
- Ripple-carry parallel adder
- CLA parallel adder
- Decoders – Demultiplexers. Using decoders for logic function implementation.
- Encoders and priority encoders.
- Multiplexers. Using multiplexers for logic function implementation.
The information provided by a Data Book.