The course aims to familiarize students with the basic concepts of entrepreneurship in the modern web environment with emphasis on the design and implementation of efficient e-business applications.
- Introductory concepts and definitions, e-business application usage data at national, European and global level
- B2B and B2C business models
- Electronic procurement and supply chain management
- Digital marketing (display, search network, email, multiple channels)
- E-commerce in social media and mobile devices.
- Electronic CRM (customer relationships management)
- Case studies: Amazon, Twitter, eBay
- Software development life cycle and project management for e-business applications
- Management of e-business technological infrastructure
- E-business applications and personalization techniques
- Electronic transaction processing and security issues
- Legal and Privacy Issues
The course lab concerns designing and implementing an e-shop using an open source CRM platform and developing an online advertising campaign on the search engine and the display network.